Lead UI/UX Designer
UniversalGiving is an award-winning website allowing people to donate and volunteer with top performing vetted projects all over the world. 100% goes directly to the cause. UniversalGiving Corporate provides Strategy, Operations, and NGO Vetting to scale companies’ CSR programs in more than 120 countries; our Corporate Services allow us to become self-sustaining. UniversalGiving has been featured on the homepage of Bloomberg, Oprah.com, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
UniversalGiving is rebuilding the website and our goal is to have volunteers and donors have life changing experiences and creating a strong community where every single NGO partner feels cared for, heard and promoted. Our new site must be robust, have excellent performance and the ability to facilitate millions of transactions of giving and volunteering.
UniversalGiving is looking for a candidate with 5+ years of UI/UX design experience who has designed component based e-commerce websites that operate on different platforms(mobile, tablet etc.). The candidate must be able to create user experience scenarios, process flows, design architectures diagrams, wireframes, visual design redlines, and high-fidelity prototypes. He/She must be able to understand the design requirements of the high-level wireframe, UI kits, and prototypes. We hope you have a clear purpose of why you want to join our global team and serve the world in philanthropy.
- Create a robust, attractive, scalable component based design for the new website
- Create user experience deliverables including: wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, user flows, user scenarios, data diagrams, and clickable prototypes
- Ensuring that your creative ideas translate to the functional specifications and continue through the entire development process
- Framing insights around people and behavior through verbal and visual storytelling
- Ensure all designs offer complete website functionality on various platforms such as desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc
- Build visually compelling frameworks that convey complex conceptual relationships and/or actions in simple terms
- Allow the majority of UI to be editable by non-technical people through a Content Management System (CMS)
- Be obsessed with mastering your craft, nailing the details, and driving impact (Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Must have E-Commerce website design experience
- At least 5+ years of UI/UX design experience
- Strong experience and understanding of Human Centered or User Centric interaction design principles and methods
- Proven experience designing, architecting, and optimizing websites and/or applications, with a strong preference for consumer-facing transaction focused interfaces
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Experience creating and working with responsive designs that function on both mobile and other platforms’ standard displays
- A portfolio featuring examples of visual and interaction design work with a focus on process
- Experience working on Agile methodology and projects (Agile/Scrum development process)
- Knowledge and competency relating to consumer research using NPD, attitudinal and persona studies, and marketing mix analytics
- Experience with competitive analysis, surveys, and market research a plus
- Action Oriented: Takes direction and implements task from management with ease and immediacy.
- Professionalism: is respectful, trusting, has a positive attitude, and excellent execution.
- Listening: attentive, active listener has patience and asks for clarity if needed.
- Process Management: follows UniversalGiving manuals, figures out process with minimal direction.
- Time Management: uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Drives for Results: pushes oneself and team for results; meets goals.
- Understanding others: understands various points of view; embraces diversity.
Email your resume, portfolio, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
with "Lead UI/UX Designer" in the subject line. In your cover letter, please describe your experience in designing web-based marketplaces and your specific role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
UniversalGiving™ is committed to understanding and representing the diverse populations it serves worldwide. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization. We believe that a diverse team will best serve our diverse populations.